Small businesses and local businesses are the lifeblood of our community.
Not only do they create hundreds of jobs across our district, they are a testament to the hard work it takes to build a business. As a small businessman, Lenny Mirra knows that building a business is tough, requires long hours, and oftentimes some trial and error. As the ranking member of the Committee on Community Development and Small Business, Representative Mirra will always look out for local businesses and entrepreneurs. Since taking office, Lenny has accomplished the following:
- Advocated for millions of dollars in funding from the American Rescue Plan, giving North Shore businesses and families the relief they need in the wake of the pandemic
- Increased funding for cultural councils, including funds for our towns, to enrich our communities through arts, science, and the humanities
- Increased funding for the North Shore Visitors Bureau to promote local tourism
- Supported a multi-million dollar bond bill to support the expansion of the state’s life science industry
- Authorized money for the MassWorks infrastructure program
- Fought for local businesses to remain competitive on the Committee for Community Development and Small Business